A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 26

Easter Eggs

This year I was ready.  I set the table in advance, with two separate dying stations - covering the entire table with kraft paper and paper towels.  I labeled the mugs at each station so that everyone knew which color was which, and set out two separate drying crates.  Martha herself would have been impressed. 


The boys quickly got to work, making the typical (read: acceptable) colored eggs at first ...




This eventually became a contest of who could create the GROSSEST egg ever - which translates into who can make the darkest brown or black egg...



And then the excitement really begins ...  See those glinty, mischievious eyes?


And in these moments, I quietly wonder to myself what little girls decorating eggs might be doing right about now ... Would they be dying pink and purple eggs? Maybe a pretty shade of robin's egg blue? Hmmmm..... 

But then at some point the squealing and screaching would begin, and so I will take brown and black eggs any day.  Who needs pink and purple eggs?  Not me!





No comments: