A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 2

Blueberry & Blackberry Pancakes


I am currently devouring my most recent cookbook purchase...

Shhhhh...don't tell Jim! 

Just so you know, if I pass through the pearly gates anytime soon, you will want to get your hands on my cookbook collection - it is quite expansive ... and of course you'll want my pearls too. 

Back to the cookbook - doing this type of heavy research - and salivating over my findings was enough to convince me that I needed to make my very own (speedy) version to fill my blueberry pancake love bucket. 

Here is what you need to make my speedy version...


First, preheat your oven to 200 degrees.  Cover a baking pan with foil and set inside the oven, ready to accept stacks of pancakes until the very last one is cooked.

Mix blueberry wheat pancakes according to the directions on the box and add in a teaspoon or two of vanilla. 

Cook pancakes to golden on a griddle set to 375ish, smearing butter all over the surface. 

Once the griddle is hot and covered in butter, make nice round pancakes using a 1/4 cup measure.  Add in some thawed berries, one by one, in all of the best spots. 

While the pancakes are cooking, mix a few tablespoons of blueberry preserves and some maple syrup together in a bowl.  Warm in the microwave for ease and convenience - and one less pot to wash. 

Make sure to turn your pancakes when large bubbles appear and then pop.  This is the perfect time to flip them for golden perfection.  Let the cooked pancakes rest in a preheated oven set at a warmish/200 degree oven.

Enjoy the fruits (and berries) of your labor.

No comments: