A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, September 15

Fudge Babies aka Homemade Larabars



Satisfy your dark chocolate addiction with these good to you and good for you Fudge Babies

If you happen to be on the paleo bandwagon (which I am not, but a lot of my friends are), these Fudge Babies will fit the bill for satisfying your sweet tooth and still be admissible on your what-I-can-still-eat list. 

Moreover, they are rich with deep, dark chocolate goodness that I can only find in a mini-pot of ganache or a handful of Dove Dark Chocolates.  This method is way more healthy, and for that reason I can dismiss the guilt of eating one after another!  Win win!

Now, on to the recipe! 
Recipe courtesy of  www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts or pecans (pecans courtesy of Grandma Louise's pecan orchard - lucky me!)
1 1/3 cups of chopped dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
slightly less than 1/4 tsp salt
4 tablespoons cocoa powder

Method:
Blend all ingredients using a food processor.  Roll into little balls or press into the bottom of an 8x8 glass dish.  I highly recommend doubling the recipe!  These QUICKLY disappear - even my picky 7 year old, Miles, devoured them.  I made one batch last week and immediately had to make a second batch 15 minutes later.  

Today, I am on batch #3 and this one I doubled right off the bat. 

After all, an old mom can learn new tricks!

No comments: